Saturday, October 15, 2005

Podcasting

Anyone out there actually downloading podcasts yet? True to my pioneering spirit, I'm now sampling this new medium. The term "podcast" is a real coup for Apple, I get the feeling many folks feel they must have one of those cute looking personal digital music players produced by Apple in order to access a podcast. Not so, it's just a matter of downloading a file (usually MP3 or WMA format) to your computer, just as you would any other file. You can then play this file on your computer, assuming of course the computer has a sound card and speakers. What I've been doing is copying a bunch of "podcast" files to a re-writable CD and playing it back on my stereo system. It's excellent for downloading and listening to programs I've missed, particularly on ABC Radio National. It also opens up access to very interesting content from radio stations all over the world.

No comments: