Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sandy McCutcheon


Sandy McCutcheon
Originally uploaded by cyberoo.
MB had the good fortune to attend yet another book launch today, this time at Hobart Books. Sandy McCutcheon, of ABC Radio National, visited to promote his new book "The Magician's Son" an autobiographical book of the author's life. He told a really touching story about a daughter born to him in the the sixties (in Ireland), who has only just recently found him, it moved me enough to buy his book. I have to admit I wasn't planning to buy it, I thought I might save a few dollars and borrow it from my library. He also talked about his many unsuccessful relationships with women over the years, and in the queue behind me waiting to have a book signed was one of those women, Sallie, she told me their relationship 30 years ago lasted all of a week. Tim Cox from ABC Radio Hobart introduced Sandy and Bob Brown also dropped in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcia, Your hair looks great.When I next have holiday, I am going to get you to plant the itiniary, don't know how you hear about all of the local evants

Anonymous said...

Just saw all of the spelling mistakes. Should have checked before I clicked.